Sunday, July 25, 2010

making the most of the small screen


As a new teacher in the face of our current economy–translate this to mean I am working as a substitute teacher as there are more teachers than teaching jobs at the present time–I am forced to find inexpensive ways to entertain myself. I love movies, but at $9.00 per ticket, I am not a frequent consumer at the cinema. Where is a girl to find her fix of drama and imagine herself as the heroine who will find her soul mate by accidentally spilling a cup of hot coffee on his broad chest while rushing down the street to her job where she is fabulous, yet under appreciated. And yes, I would be able to run in those Christian Louboutin heels without looking like an ungainly giraffe or falling on my face. What was my question? Oh, yes, how to fulfill my desire for romance, fun, and drama on a modest budget? The answer…wait for it…television. No! I am absolutely not out of my mind! Take heart sisters–there is much satisfaction to be had for the girl who knows where to look.

No comments: